Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday in Jinan

July 2, 2011


 
We had a great meeting with the lead teacher from Shandong University.  We saw our classrooms, very nice, on the 2nd floor, nice breeze, and good computer.  After the tour, we had a wonderful lunch.  The food was served in small bowls on a giant tray.  We ate with chopsticks (I survived). It wa great fun.  Dr. Gao is very friendly and funny.  I didn't sample everything, but I did try the Peking Duck, the tofu, and several new vegetables...all were very good.  I did not try the octopus or the chicken feet. I'm not that brave. 
 
I used my first squatty potty and it's not that bad.  One of my team members has taught in China and Vietnam for three years.  She really seems to know what she is doing.  That's quite helpful! 
 
We are taking a tour this afternoon to find the campus market and a few other useful buildings.  My experience yesterday with the pollution is while not uncommon, also not a daily problem.  Today is humid and rainy, but the air is MUCH cleaner.
 
Each hallway has purified water which we can use to refill our water bottles.  It is free of charge.  I will probably still run it through my filter until I have been here longer.  
 
The  pictures below are mostly of the team and the luncheon.  I will send room pictures another day. 
 
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment