Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My first group of students

Hi everyone!



Three of my students took me out to eat tonight.  I'm getting much better with chopsticks.  Meals here are served in very unusual ways.  The students ordered several dishes:  chinese broccoli, some kind of fried fruit, pork with cucumber that is wrapped in crepes, eggplant, steak strips, rice, tea, and pigeon soup.  Everything is brought out a few dishes at a time in family style bowls.  You eat on a very small plate.  You take what you want from the bowls and eat on the little plates.

The students taught me a few Chinese words as we ate.  They also told me about highschool in China.  They live in dormitories usually.  They see their parents one day a week.  They attend school from 8 in the morning until 10 at night.  They take classes during the day,sometimes they take some classes in the evening, and sometimes they just study and do their lessons in the evening.  I should have gotten a picture of the restaurant and the meal, but I didn't remember to take my camera. 

Two photographs of my first group of students are attached.  They are all wonderful, friendly, kind, and hard working.  Several of them would like to e-mail people in the United States to practice their English.

Well, a new class starts tomorrow, so I am off to bed. 


1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Parsons! I'm so glad you're having fun. We knew they'd love you there! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete